To make an appointment, please call us on:
(07) 4166 1212
- Skin Checks
- Family Planning
- Pregnancy Tests
- 24 Hour ECG
- 24 Hour Blood Pressure Monitoring
- Minor Surgical Procedures
- Wound Management
- Removal of Moles and Sunspots
- Nutritional Advice
- Sports Medicine
- Medical Check-ups
- Pap Smears
- Antenatal Consultations (Midwife clinic)
- Immunisations and Travel Vaccinations
- Pathology Specimen Collection
- Liquid Nitrogen Freezing Therapy for Sun Spots and Warts
- Chronic Disease Management
- ATSI Health Assessments
- Q Fever Screening & Vaccination
- 45-49 year or 75 year + Health Assessments
As you are probably already aware, Monto Hospital is unable to offer obstetric care and, as such, pregnant ladies must be referred to an Obstetrician or Antenatal Department outside of Monto for the delivery of their babies.
Monto Family Practice is committed to providing the best possible antenatal care we can.
Please make yourself familiar with our Antenatal Policy so that your care runs as smoothly as possible.
- Our clinic will provide antenatal care until 36 or 38 weeks gestation, depending on whether your pregnancy is high or low risk. From this point your care will be the responsibility of your Obstetrician or Antenatal Clinic at the hospital where you will deliver.
- After your appointment with the Doctor to confirm your pregnancy, an appointment will be made for you to see our midwife (Leanne Davis) who you will come to know well during the course of your term. Together with Leanne, you will plan your pregnancy, including ultrasound and pathology requirements and also your delivery plan (i.e. where you plan to have your baby and when you will need to relocate in readiness for your delivery).
- Both Leanne and your Dr will see you at each scheduled visit, so if you have any concerns, there will be ample time to raise them.
Records relating to antenatal consults at the Practice will be forwarded to Monto Hospital so everyone who may be involved in your care is aware of your pregnancy treatment plan and history. This will assist all parties involved if you require treatment for any unforseen circumstance at the Hospital.
Your pregnancy is a special time and we hope that the care we can provide to you will make the journey as easy and joyful as is possible.
Please don’t hesitate to talk to the girls at the clinic if you are unsure of any of the requirements outlined above. We are committed to keeping you and your baby/ies in the best of health.
Do you have your prescriptions up to date?
Do you have enough medication to get you through until your next appointment?
It is often difficult to get a short notice appointment at the clinic to obtain new prescriptions.
Please make an appointment well in advance to renew your scripts. It is a good idea to make an appointment as you fill your last script at the pharmacy.
Unfortunately we cannot guarantee that we will get you in at short notice if you run out of your medication.
Please call us on 4166 1212
Telehealth: it is the way of the future and we are ready!
Have you considered asking your specialist if your next consultation can be via telehealth?
Monto Family Practice is happy to facilitate telehealth consultations within our practice, thereby reducing the need to travel away for specialist care.
Video conferencing is a convenient method for undertaking medical appointments where it is not necessary for your specialist to conduct a physical examination during your visit.
Ask your specialist if your next appointment can be undertaken via telehealth to make the process of seeing your specialist more efficient, requiring less time away from work, school and/or home and reducing travel requirements.
Your appointment will be conducted privately within the practice, with the assistance of one of our staff to initiate the session.
Also, one of our practitioners can touch base with you and your specialist during the consultation, allowing for direct communication between GP and Specialist, in many cases obliterating the need to wait for written specialist communication in order to move forward with your treatment plan (Specialist recommendations, medication changes, etc.)
Keep in mind… many, many millions of dollars are being spent by our government every year on the Patient Travel Subsidy Scheme (PTSS). In fact travel subsidies cost $2.3 million just in the Wide Bay during a mere 3 month period during 2015. Telehealth can reduce this figure and perhaps this money can then be spent on something more useful. And, moving forward, policy changes may see travel subsidy applications refused if the service is deemed available by telehealth.
We understand that the ever evolving world of technology can be daunting, but we are here to help and will guide you through the process so you are comfortable and have full faith that your care is still being managed at the highest standard.
Call us to make an appointment on 07 4166 1212 or
Practice ID: 9288
Monto Family Practice is AGPAL accredited and committed to providing you the best available medical treatment.